Creative Writing Workshops
Weekly Workshops in Grand Rapids and Online
Voice & Vessel's writing workshops will kickstart your imagination, memory, and creative spirit. You'll get dedicated time to improve your writing, a safe space to try new ideas, and writing prompts and practices to help you tune in to your voice.
In each workshop, writers come together for four weeks of writing prompts and thoughtful support. All experience levels, voices, and writing styles are invited. The weekly workshops include no more than eight people... just big enough to create a mix of energy and voices, yet small enough to give you generous support. In-person workshops meet in Voice & Vessel's writing studio in Grand Rapids, and I also offer online writing workshops.
Upcoming Grand Rapids Workshops
May Writing Workshop - This workshop is full.
Grand Rapids Writing Studio
Four Wednesdays from 6 to 8 pm
May 9, 16, 23 and 30
"...comfortable enough to kick off your shoes and curl up on the couch,
bringing forth words that I did not know were ready and waiting, and inspiring me
to take the energy from Monday's workshop into the rest of my week.
This writing studio is a gem and I cannot wait to return."
What to Expect from the Writing Workshops
- An immersive and encouraging writing experience that builds your writing practice from week to week
- A safe and confidential approach to write with more confidence, based on the Amherst Writers & Artists Method
- Writing prompts and creative support to bring out your unique voice, ideas, and stories
- No assignments. All the magic happens in the room, so you'll never have to worry about showing up "prepared."
- No pressure. You won't be asked to announce (or even decide) whether you're a poet or the next bestseller. We'll be equals in facing the empty page.
- A cozy writing space conveniently located in Grand Rapids, with plenty of free parking
- Coffee, tea, and light snacks to keep your creative energy up
Location & Accessibility
For in-person writing workshops, we'll gather at Voice & Vessel's studio in Grand Rapids. Easy highway access and free parking mean you won't feel rushed or risk parking tickets while making time for your writing. An accessible building means everyone is welcomed.
Curious but not so sure?
Check out common questions about the workshop experience and how I use the Amherst Writers & Artists method. I also love hearing from people directly, so I can learn more about what you're looking for and where you're at in your writing journey. Even if you're not ready to commit to the next workshop, don't hesitate to get in touch and share your interest or questions!